I hope everyone is doing their best to take care of themselves during this difficult time. I feel like I’ve felt so much pressure from the internet to work-out 24/7 and learn a new language or whatever and honestly I’m just doing my best and sometimes that means staying in bed and binge watching 90 Day Fiance. I hope you know you can do whatever feels right to you right now, even if that means not doing anything at all.
A couple of things that inspired these brownies. First, I just caved and bought Nutella and I have not had it in so long and WOW I forgot how freaking AMAZING it is. I knew I wanted to do something with it and secondly, I wanted to make something for my friend who is a nurse because I can’t imagine how hard it must be being at the front lines of this horrible virus. I realize I am very lucky I get to stay at home all day, whereas other’s are out there literally fighting to save lives. I saw she posted something on her story the other day about brownies so here ya have it: Nutella Brownies. Probably the best brownies since ever.
These brownies are insanely moist, super fudgy and decadent. My boyfriend says these are the best brownies I’ve ever made and he don’t lie. So take his word for it and try these out!
I thought I would add a little helpful tip in this post since the recipe requires room temp eggs. First of all, in order to get room temp eggs you should leave the eggs out on your counter for about an hour before baking. However, here is a life saving tip for when you don’t have an hour to wait. Take the eggs and place them in a bowl with warm water for 10 minutes and BAM there you have it, room temp eggs.
- 1 twelve ounce bag of chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Nutella + 2-3 tablespoons
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring continuously so you don’t burn the chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- Grease an 8×8 square baking pan and line with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the saucepan has cooled down and is no longer hot, add in eggs and mix. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add 1/4 cup of Nutella and mix until combined.
- Pour brownie mixture into prepared baking dish. Take the remaining 2-3 tablespoons of Nutella and spoon it into the batter (like you would with a marble cake). Take a butter knife and swirl the Nutella mixture and brownie mixture until forming a pattern you like as seen in the photo above.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before digging in. Feel free to add flaky sea salt, powdered sugar or ice cream on top!
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”