WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO LATELY?
I just finished watching Taylor Swift’s Miss Americana documentary on Netflix and honestly I cried SO MUCH. Like seriously got choked up in almost every scene. I feel emotionally invested because I have been listening to her music since I was 11 and in a way I feel like we grew up together? All of her albums seemed to always pin point exactly where I was in my life and what I was going through. Say what you want about her but she is seriously talented. If you haven’t watched it yet, I think you should give it a shot!
In other news, I just got back from celebrating my birthday in up state New York with some of my favorite people and it was truly amazing. I had so much fun and tried to soak it in as much as possible. I did a lot of reflecting on this trip and thought a lot about what I am trying to accomplish in my life. We had a lot of late night heart to hearts. We ran into the hot tub in the snow. We played a lot of games and ate a lot of junk. My best friend, Catherine, brought her sourdough starter and taught us how to make bagels. It was a magical weekend.
I’m excited to finally have nailed this gooey chocolate chip cookie skillet just in time for Valentine’s Day! It’s romantic, whimsical and fun to make. If you have ever had a Pazuki before it’s literally just that. My biggest tip would be don’t freak yourself out and over cook this because the center is suppose to be a little under baked. You might need to adjust oven temperatures when cooking. My oven cooks really fast so 325 was the best temperature for me to allow the edges to get crispy but the inside still gooey. If your oven is not like mine I’d bake at 350.
I will be doing this recipe step by step over on @broccyourbody’s Instagram Stories so tune in and see how it’s done. I hope you grab a spoon and dig in.
If you make this recipe please tag me on Instagram @bakethedgeoff!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl with a stand-mixer, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together: salt, baking soda and flour.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix on low until almost combined but a cookie dough consistency has formed.
- Fold in chocolate with a spatula.
- Generously grease a 12′ cast iron skillet with butter.
- Add dough into skillet and spread out until even with spatula.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with chocolate chunks, caramel, chocolate sauce, whip cream or ice cream. All of the above is totally ok too. Whatever works. Grab spoons and dig in!