Happy birthday to me….!!!! I am celebrating my BIRTHDAY today! Can you tell I’m a little bit excited? I absolutely love birthdays as a baker because that always means a reason for cake. Last year, I made myself a red velvet birthday cake that was a huge hit but this year my cousin Breanne made me the most delicious vegan funfetti cake. I couldn’t believe how much I couldn’t even tell the ingredients were not your norm. Since it’s my special day, we’re not stopping just at cake because that’s not how I celebrate. Today, I will enjoy birthday cake in EVERY style including these festive birthday cake cookies.
Here’s why you can never go wrong with these cookies. Who doesn’t love birthday cake flavor anything?! The sprinkles make it the most happy dessert on the planet. My little cousin (who turns 3 years old on January 30th) couldn’t get enough of these cookies. He begged me to leave the rest at his house for him, which of course I did. These cookies are seriously so easy to make and perfect for celebrating anyone’s birthday party! For me personally, it brings back so many memories of my childhood and truly just doesn’t feel like a birthday without colorful sprinkles and your loved ones around you.
I hope you will celebrate with me by making these delicious treats. If you do please remember to share with me on Instagram @bakethedgeoff. Happy birthday to me & happy baking!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of clear vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Set out eggs and butter on kitchen counter for ~1 hour to get to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes on medium high speed. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula if needed. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until eggs are fully incorporated into batter. Pour in dry ingredients on low speed and mix until flour is almost combined. Add in sprinkles and mix until combined.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until the outside edges begin to turn golden brown. Leave on pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.