I love me a healthy cookie. I also love when a recipe calls for less than 5 ingredients and one bowl to make. The best part is that you don’t feel like you need to eat 3 or 5 to get your fix. (Even though they are seriously so delicious it’s tempting to eat them all at once LOL). The almond butter base is dense with nutrients and really gets those chocolate cravings and leaves you feeling satisfied even after one cookie!
It’s seriously so easy to make it’s actually offensive. Dump all your ingredients in a bowl and mix, melt some chocolate and drizzle on top if you want, and freeze. It’s the perfect January cookie because all your friends going gluten-free, vegan or paleo this month can have dibs on them too. Leave these in the freezer for up to 3 weeks and you’ve got yourself a healthy dessert readily available at all times. Your welcome 🙂
If you make this recipe, I would love to see. Please tag me on Instagram @bakethedgeoff!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 2/3 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (remove if paleo)
Chocolate Drizzle (optional)
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl mix together almond flour, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla until dough like consistency is formed. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough from bowl and roll into balls. Place each cookie ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a fork press down on top of each cookie to make a criss-cross pattern. Place in freezer while making chocolate.
- In a small bowl, place chocolate and coconut oil. Place in microwave for 30 seconds and then stir until melted. Remove cookies from freezer and dip or drizzle chocolate. Place back in freezer for 1 hour and then enjoy! Can be stored in a sealed container in freezer for 2-3 weeks.