I’m just going to say it: this is the BEST pumpkin bread you will ever have. I’m telling you and I’m not just saying that because I made it. This stuff is out of this world. Better than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread good. Even your friends who “don’t like pumpkin” will not be able to look you in the eye and tell you that this is not out of this world good.
Here’s all the reasons that make this pumpkin bread great. First of all, it’s in a box shaped pan and not a regular old loaf pan which mean this girl is THIC. It’s also ten times cooler to bake breads this way. It’s better than a regular ol’ slice of bread this is a square of heaven in your mouth. Secondly, It is not overly pumpkiny and it’s not overly sweet. The greek yogurt in there also makes it super moist. Lastly, your house will smell amazing when you make this in the oven. Truly, no other smell can compete with this one. Oh. So. Good.
Let’s talk about this wonderful cream cheese glaze for a hot second. It’s creamy. It’s delicious. It’s tangy. Honestly, it just levels-up the bread a notch but, if I’m being honest, it’s just as good without it. So, if you really wanted to you could skip out on the glaze, but that’s just crazy talk.
If you make this recipe I would love to see it. Upload a picture and tag me on Instagram @bakethedgeoff. Happy Baking!
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
For the wet ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin pure
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2.5 oz of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 tablespoons almond milk, or any milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, maple syrup, sugar and coconut oil. Using an electric mixer (or you can whisk by hand) mix until combined. Add in greek yogurt and vanilla and mix until consistency is smooth. Lastly, add the entire can of pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out of the center clean or with a few crumbs.
- Allow bread to cool completely before cutting into, about 35 minutes.
To make the glaze:
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and mix on low until becomes thick like frosting. Add in vanilla and almond milk and beat until a glaze is formed. Drizzle across bread once bread is completely cooled and enjoy!
“The best view comes after the hardest climb.”
These photos were taken by Day Tomko and edited by me. Please follow her on Instagram to see all her amazing photographs @day.tomko!