If you are looking for a super quick and easy dessert to make then this is the treat for you. I’ve had a giant container of blueberries sitting in my fridge for about a week now and I knew I wanted to put them to good use. So I give you a Blueberry Chocolate Galette. I clearly have a thing for chocolate so no surprise here that I decided to add it into this recipe. I wanted it to be different from your ordinary galette and the flavor combinations compliment each other so well.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and it’s simplicity. Serve with a dollop of whip cream or ice cream on top, which is what I did, and you got yourself a cute little summer treat! The flavor combination is out of this world and once you make these you might be tempted to make them every time you have left over blueberries.
If you decide to make this recipe, I would love to see your creations! Please tag me on Instagram @sirennapatapis or #sirennabakes.
- 1 package of store bought pie crust
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk or almond milk
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 1/2 large lemon)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ounces dark or milk chocolate
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll one circle of the dough out of the package with your fingers. Using a 5 inch bowl (which is basically a cereal bowl, if you don’t have a ruler) flip it upside down and use a sharp knife to cute around it. Cut out three circles and do the same thing to the other pie crust. Use the scraps to roll out with a rolling pin and create 2 more circles. You should have a total of 8.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes until it starts to get fluffy. Add the melted chocolate and beat until chocolate is combined.
- Place circle doughs on baking sheet and using a spoon scoop 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture onto dough and using the back of spoon to smooth out to the edges leaving about 1 inch of space around the border. Make your egg wash by whisking together egg and milk. Brush it around the edges of the circle.
- In a large bowl mix together with a spatula blueberries, lemon juice, sugars, almond extract and cornstarch. Scoop about 2 tablespoon of blueberry mixture on top of chocolate. Gently fold over the edges of the crust and form a wall around the blueberries. Brush egg wash over the folded edges.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
“The light shines in the darkness.” John 1:5